Countdown/Contact Information

Questions/Comments/Suggestions/Complaints/Squabbles/Issues/Feedback of any kind? E-mail me HERE.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Pirate101 Talk

I'm *always* late on the bandwagon with this kind of post. I guess I just wouldn't be me if I wasn't, just like a certain Necromancer wouldn't be herself if she wasn't always at least one world behind! For those of you who haven't crawled out from under your rocks lately, Pirate101 is coming. I've already added the link in the sidebar under KI operated sites. It looks to be interesting so far. Here's a play-by-play of my thought process as I heard about it.

Initial reaction:
OH MY BARTLEBY! A PIRATE GAME!

Followed by:
This feels a bit...I don't know...cheap. Recycling the 101? Using the same character models? *continues reading* Same universe even? Same lore..."we are not amused".

Followed by:
Ya know, re-using the 101 is a great tie in, and the same models and universe and established lore is a wonderful marketing ploy. I approve. It doesn't look turn-based. That's a plus.

And finally:
It's turn based. Wah. But it's different. I'll give it a shot, at least. Hopefully I'll be wonderfully surprised like I was with Wizard101. I just hope it's possible to get the same name and appearance. I have so many identities as it is x_x

And I've already created a new blogger for it, just in case I can't get the same name. I know I blog here about Star Trek Online once in a while, but keeping both games by KI separate (primarily because of the look) could be very important in not confusing people. If I can use the same name and appearance (physical, not gear.), I'll probably just stick with one blog. It'll change colors and titles, but otherwise will be a conglomeration. If not, I guess I'll be maintaining 2 blogs. I might, anyway. My URL is already reserved for it, and while I won't tell you what it is, I can tell you that you should expect many similarities between this blog and that one. A countdown to a certain new podcast is already up and everything is in place.

We'll see where the Skyways take us.

Your Friend Always,
John Lifeglen

No comments:

Post a Comment