Countdown/Contact Information

Questions/Comments/Suggestions/Complaints/Squabbles/Issues/Feedback of any kind? E-mail me HERE.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Study Time!

So, uh, quick update to yesterday's post. Widgetbox hasn't gotten back to me yet. The newly updated countdowns are in place. I strongly urge everyone that currently has a copy of one of the countdowns up to take the new ones and replace the existing ones to bypass any problems.  If you don't update your countdown, the old one will simply sit there saying "Showtime" until you realize a problem. The Protean Charm placed on those Galleons has worn off. I'm trying to distribute newly enchanted ones. Bonus points to the first person to correctly identify which book the Protean Charm is first mentioned in. Even more points to the first person to correctly identify who the first person in said books to use (chronologically in time, not restricted to the time constraints of the books) the Protean Charm was.

And now, a bit of humor. I'm in college. Finals are fast approaching. I found this prayer that I think anyone should be able to use, if they're so inclined.



Now I lay me down to study,
I pray the Lord I don't go nutty,
And if I fail to learn this junk,
I pray the Lord I do not flunk.
And if I die, don't bury me at all, 
Just lay my bones in Study Hall,
And pile my books upon my chest,
and tell the professors I did my best.
So now I lay me down to rest,
And pray I pass tomorrow's test,
And if I die before I wake,
That's one less test I'll have to take.


To all students everywhere, good luck with your end-of-term exams and projects! 

Your [Exhausted] Friend Always,
John Lifeglen

*EDIT* 

For those of you who liked that little poem, here's another! 

Twas the night before finals/ And all through the college/ The students were praying/
For last minute knowledge.

Most were quite sleepy/ But none touched their beds/ While visions of essays/
Danced in their heads.

Out in the taverns/ A few were still drinking/ And hoping that liquor/
Would loosen their thinking.

In my own dorm room/ I had been pacing/ And dreading exams/
I soon would be facing.

My roommate was speechless/ His nose in his books/ And my comments to him/
Drew unfriendly looks.

I drained all the coffee/ And brewed a new pot/ No longer caring/
That my nerves were all shot.

I stared at my notes/ But my thoughts were all muddy/ My eyes went ablur/
I just couldn't study.

"Some pizza might help,"/ I thought with a shiver/ But each place that I called/
Refused to deliver.

I'd nearly concluded/ That life was too cruel/ With futures depending/
On grades had in school.

When all of a sudden/ Our door opened wide/ And Patron Saint Put It Off/
Ambled inside.

His spirit was careless/ His manner was mellow/ He looked straight at me/
And started to bellow:

"What kind of student/ Would make such a fuss/ To toss back at teachers/
What they tossed at us?"

"On Cliff Notes! On Crib Notes/ On Last Year's Exams/ On Wingit and Slingit/
And Last Minute Crams!"

His message delivered/ He vanished from sight/ But we heard him laughing/
Outside in the night.

"Your teachers have pegged you/ So just do your best/ Happy Finals to All/
And to all a good test."

2 comments:

  1. Amazing poetry, as a High school student with AP courses, I can kinda get what ur going through. The poems were great, you could go pro with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH, I guess I forgot to mention that I found those online. I can't take credit for writing them! I just reformatted it to make it take less space on the page!

    ReplyDelete