Countdown/Contact Information

Questions/Comments/Suggestions/Complaints/Squabbles/Issues/Feedback of any kind? E-mail me HERE.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Updates...and Minecraft!


John here again. Sorry about the delays in posting. This is just going to be a general amalgamation of a good number of things.  First off, I updated my "About Me" section. The old one was a bit outdated. I probably forgot to mention a couple of things...oh...yeah...like Dr. Who fanboy and Potterite. Oh well.

Secondly, the new header is on hold until I can locate a cool staff for Noah, seeing as he's going to be pictured. I like my magnet, but he needs something nice.  The plan was to have a Staff of the Querent by now, but KIFreeGames really don't like me. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow. Weeeeeeeeeee.  Oh well. Thanks to Alric I finally got my Shardtail Dragon and can start working on higher tiers. That sucker just would not drop for me! Thanks again, man, no wonder you're one of Alhazred's favorites...just so kind and giving to the community!

Thirdly (hey, it is a word, Noah, because Google Chrome didn't underline it. Shush and wait your turn!), I changed my profile picture on just about everything to this:


So that's the new look of John Lifeglen for a while. 

Now on to the Minecraft portion. If you genuinely don't care about Minecraft, I recommend you skip this part all the way down to the closing remarks. 

I recently stumbled upon this amazing website that lets you compile a texture pack from all of their available textures and then packages it in a nice, neat, ready to install texture pack (for those who don't know, a texture pack modifies the way the game looks. Rather than seeing the default view, you can turn trees pink or give pigs wings. Chickens can look more like ducks. Torches can be turned into candles. The list goes on and on and on. Long story short, it makes your creations look how you want them to!). It's amazing. It's called Painterly and can be found at that link.  You can also get some really nice looking mods from there. I don't use mods (other than "Too Many Items" for a Creative-Style save) because I like playing what has been given to me. Posted on a new page titled "Minecraft"  is the "password" to the texture pack that my friends and I use while playing on our server. This is a temporary page that will likely only remain up for a week or so (unless I forget) so get it fast. If, once it is gone, you want a copy, just let me know and I'll find a way to get it to you!  This way we all build and see the same thing, to insure that everything looks OK. Just copy the password (if you're interested) and then paste it into the page on Painterly that the "Share" button directs you to!  If you modify the pack or have a really neat one you want me to see, e-mail or comment me the password from your new pack so I can see it! My e-mail is linked in the Countdown/Contact Information box directly beneath the header. 

That wraps up my stuff!

EDIT: Painterly's "Share" is having issues with the internal server. You're welcome to try using it whenever, but it might not regain functionality for a little while. I'm sure it will be back up soon, though.

Your Friend Always,
John Lifeglen



4 comments:

  1. Yeahno. I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to get the TARDIS larger on the inside than the outside o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is a tardis?

    i am genuinely interested now.

    cool post bro, i also used the painterly site and i made by pigs into black things with leapard skin on them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A TARDIS is the blue police box used by Dr. Who to travel through time and space ;D. Dr. Who=Awesome Show.

    ReplyDelete